"I love your hair!"

StoryTime: Meeting my other best friend. Winter of 2015

So to start off this tale. I love you besties! You know who you are and I hope I got this one and the other one right.
http://myseeminglyworthlesslifeinablog.blogspot.com/2017/06/can-i-please-just-rake-leaves.html

So to start this off lets say that what I tell you doesn't mean I follow stereotypes or judge people on their lifestyle without knowing them.
Alright, a few years ago I was staying with my aunt because my mom was on the road with my truck driving step-father. 
My aunt wanted me to leave the house more often, since it was summer and everything. So she proceeded to look into the local Salvation Army's activities. You see, we are a struggling family as a whole, we get the help we need to have food on the table during the holidays when its the hardest because of the Salvation Army. Any way, we had heard over the holidays when we got the help, that they have youth activities. One of them happened to be music. At that time I wanted to play piano or guitar. I don't really know why I wanted to play piano but I was really wanting to be a good guitarist like Kurt Cobain or Michael Clifford.I was determined. 

So at the start of semester we got all signed up (me and my cousins) and went to music class. There I took guitar. It was fun honestly. I liked my teacher, he was funny. He called me a viper. I was always quiet, cause you know social anxiety, but when it came my turn to try out a new chord I 'stuck out' ,as he called it . After I started I had begun to notice this person with bright green hair. At the time I didn't know the gender. Ya know one of those androgynous people. I didn't wanna assume or anything. 
So, after seeing the hair around for a few weeks I went up to them and commented on their hair. I said "I love your hair." I said it with a shy smile and from there we struck up a conversation. I cant remember what we said but we became friends soon after. I found out shes a girl and she was less than a year younger. 

Since then, we have been inseparable. I swear I'm constantly at her house. I've already been 'adopted' into the family and everything. But, I wouldn't change a thing. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

People who's life's make my sucky life better!

Hello Blogging Community. And Others