"Can I please JUST rake the leaves?"

StoryTime: Meting my first best friend summer of 2009

Alright, so this is a very honest and very weird telling of meeting my first ever bestie. She and I have had out ups and downs over these 8 years, but I love my dorky friend. So this is the lovely, tale of our meeting.

So eight years ago, I moved into a new house with my mom. We moved into a house that my great-grandparents own and park their RV when they aren't traveling.So one day my great grandparents and I were fixing up the yard. Picking up sticks raking, pulling weeds and the sorts. Well I was doing my favorite job..... Raking leaves! At a young age I liked my chores odd enough. Anyway, I was doing as I was told to do. My great grandma sees our neighbors little girl, about 2 years younger than me, playing in their yard.
Since it was my first year there I didn't have friends. So while I was humming and raking, my great grandmother asked the mother of the the little girl if we could be introduced. She said yes and was happy to have an offer...

Then, I had the rake taken from my hands and was pulled/shoved to meet this little girl. Even at a young age I was awkward and shy. So at first I didn't really talk until I was told to.
"Hi I'm (insert name)." I then looked at my great grandparents and asked them this.... "Can I please JUST rake the leaves?" I didn't wanna play. I wanted to send the leaves to their deaths. Sorry even as a young one I was morbid and demonic. My family including my mother who happened to walk out to hear me say that glared at me and forced me to make friends. I reluctantly went over to her house to play.
I don't remember much from there other than that night before supper when I came back home we swore to be best friends forever. Despite her being younger than me we got along very well and have been friends.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

People who's life's make my sucky life better!

"I love your hair!"

Hello Blogging Community. And Others